This is the first lighthouse installed in eastern coast of India. It is around 45 KM from District HQ. It is situated in a village named Batighar, on the other bank of river Kharinasi. It is surrounded with pleasant natural beauty. Once upon a time, this was known as Kaudia Dwip and used as hunting ground of Kujanga Kings. Construction of this lighthouse was started on 6th December, 1836 and it was lighted on 16th October 1837. The stones used were transported from Barabati Fort, Cuttack. The height is 125 feet, foundation wall is 15 feet thick. The diameter at land level is 10 feet. To reach the top, 138 steps made of cement concrete and a 16-step ladder are there. The speciality of this lighthouse is that it is operational from the date of its lighting and presently it is managed by Calcutta Light House.
On 16th October 1837 first light came out from this light house.This Light house was built by Mr H.Wright .This light house is 60 feet above sea level built on sand heap.This is a six storied building having space to take rest on each floor having a big window .There are 16 Bullet proof glasses attached at the top floor.Year 1857 is in scripted on that glass which is remain as it is.Within the circular room there is a wheel of 3 feet radius having an electric bulb at the center.This bulb is of 440 v 230 w,this light can be seen from 60 km in the sea.This Light House is opened for Tourist from 7.00 am to 10.am and 4 pm to evening.